Social and Emotional Development in...
In this chapter, students should learn:
- the developmental changes that occur in the situations that cause stress in children's lives and how they cope with this stress
- the emotional and psychological disturbances of late childhood including antisocial behavior, childhood depression, and fear and anxiety
- the qualities of family life that affect older children's development including changes in family interactions and time together, changes in sibling relationships, and the effects of being an only child
- how the school environment and teachers influence older children's social and emotional development
- the factors that influence older children's peer relationships
- how older children develop a sense of morality and acquire moral behaviors