Currents of Change in the Northeast and...
After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- List and explain major factors contributing to economic growth and explain how changes in transportation were of critical importance.
- Define the term industrialization and identify the parts of the United States where industrialization took hold between 1830 and 1860.
- Define the cult of domesticity and explain the reasons for its development, and describe new views of childhood.
- Describe urban class structure and compare it to rural class structure.
- Explain the process of establishing a family farm on the midwestern frontier.
- Discuss the contribution of nontangible factors to economic growth.